Monday, March 25, 2013

Not So Recent Finishes

I hope you're having a great start to your week.  I'm just popping in to post about some quilts that I finished months ago and haven't found time to share!

First up - a Swoon!  Yep I finished a Swoon!  This quilt was a wedding present for my cousin Molly, and her new husband, Mike.  It was definitely a labor of love (which involved a last minute vacation day from work so I could finish it in time) but was completely worth it since Molly has sent me multiple pictures of it in use!


The fabrics are Birds & Berries by Lauren & Jessi Jung with Kona White for the background.  I longarmed it myself with some simple loops.

 Next up are some baby quilts I finished back in December.  I posted some small pictures back then but wanted to share a bit more today.

I have two cousins who are sisters and were due in January & February of this year.  One had a girl and the other a boy so it was fun to make two completely different quilts.

This one went to Addison.  Just some simple pinwheels put together from a few Walk in the Woods charm packs I had.  I pieced the back out of some remaining charms and then quilted it with some loops as usual.



Blake was the lucky recipient of the other quilt.  I made a lot of sawtooth stars (10" blocks) using the Soaked collection from Connecting Threads.  This line had so many cute prints and the colors were different than the usual boy collections and I really liked that. 


LOVE those rain boots :)

Now I'm almost caught up on all of my quilty shares!  I do have one other finish from last week, a big quilt for my husband, which I need to get some pictures of, and another that I'm hoping to finish this week as well.

Don't forget to check out all of the great tutorials going on for Charmed Madness!  I'll be sharing a cute pillow tutorial on Wednesday.

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful finishes, I especially love your swoon great fabric choice :)

    Rachael x

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are beautiful finishes, I need to get my but in motion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are one busy lady! The Swoon is my favorite --that color palette is pretty and calming :) Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are amazing! love these all so much! i need to finish some quilts so i can send them to you to quilt for me! ;) xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both quilts turned out great. Your loopy long arm quilting is very pretty! I am jealous of all your finishes! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All three quilts are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are all such great finishes, Kelsey! I love those little boy prints, too. Your family is lucky to have you and your crafty skills!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are all such great finishes, Kelsey! I love those little boy prints, too. Your family is lucky to have you and your crafty skills!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!