Monday, October 15, 2012

Weekend Sewing

I spent lots of time sewing this weekend! It was lovely.  I did break for a few hours to de-leaf our yard and enjoy the nice weather.

I started working on my blocks for 4x5 Bee hive mates.  I'm making the Supernova block from Craftsy.  This one is for Becky of My Fabric Obsession.  She asked for navy, aqua and green this round.  I love how this one turned out!

4x5 Bee Block - Hive #6 - For MyFabricObsession


I also decided that it was time to work on finishing my On a Whim out of Amy Butler prints.  I managed to finish getting all the blocks pieced yesterday!  Now they just need to be put into rows.

Untitled



I also put in some time working on my Sparkling Cider quilt!  This was supposed to be a Christmas gift for my husband but I'm a terrible secret keeper and I already spilled the beans - oops!


According to USPS the backing fabric for my leaf quilt is being delivered today!!  I have one 4x5 bee block that I am mid-piece on so as soon as I finish that it's on to basting and quilting!!

Did you do any sewing this weekend?  Did you go to Sewing Summit?

Linking up at Manic Monday, Plum & June and AmyLouWho's virtual sewing room!

15 comments:

  1. I love that first block! I am addicted to paper piecing and I might have to try that one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang Kelsey! You got a lot done! I'm embarrassed to say that I hardly stepped in my sewing room all last week .

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pp block is really amazing! Also looking forward to seeing more of On a Whim...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That supernova block is amazing! I was able to sew up a few log cabin blocks this weekend but most importantly I finished re-folding my stash. It took me a few days but it is so much better now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love that supernova block!! Wow!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am excited to see your on a whim quilt come together. I just got the pattern a couple weeks ago and want to start cutting fabric - but alas I can't because that project is not on my Hustle list! Your supernova block came out great also. Came by from Plum and June's linky party.
    happy sewing!
    -k

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! That is a truly stunning supernova block.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Supernova Blocks looks fantastic! Love the rest of the blocks too. I have the Sparkling Cider pattern and the pattern calls for the Large Flying Geese ruler - did you use it to cut out your fabrics? Look forward to seeing your finished top.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kelsey. Your paper piecing is awesome. Love that first block! Gill

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that Supernova! I think I might buy the pattern. Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's the first block doing it for me too - love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh i cannot wait to see your leaf quilt! cannot wait!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous!! On A Whim looks so pretty with the Amy Butler! You have been a busy girl. Nothing beats a weekend of sewing :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your supernova star - beautiful paper piecing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the Sparkling Cider pattern!! Can't wait to see how yours turns out!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!