Monday, July 16, 2012

Happenings

Did everyone have a nice weekend?!  I actually finished a quilt this weekend!  It's in the washer now and is going to the dryer for some crinkling when I get home from work today.

I also learned this weekend that I'm not very accurate with my distance "guesstimates".  The hubs and I needed to run 13 miles on Sunday for our marathon training.  I told him I knew exactly how we should go, it would be so scenic through the National Park, loop back to the car, have some hills, blah, blah, blah.  Then we got lost, we ran out of water, and by the time we made it back on track and finished our 13 mile run we had to walk two and a half more miles to get to the car.  Longest walk EVER! 

I have a tutorial up over at Sew Festive Handmade today as part of the Christmas in July series!  Be sure to stop over and see how to make the Stacking Gifts Wall Hanging.  Bianca from Sweet Diesel Designs has a very cute pillow tutorial up today as well.

Stacked Gifts Wall Hanging

The Let's Get Acquainted Blog Hop is still in full swing!  Here's who will be sharing this week:

July 17
    Katie from Kati's Quilting
    Claire from Sewing over Pins
    Caroline from Quilting in the Cold

July 19
    Jamie from Sweet Baby Jamie
    Janine from Rainbow Hare Quilts


Also, one of the blogs I read regularly, The Moden Balabusta, has hit 100+ posts!  Be sure to stop by and check it out.  Lisa makes some awesome quilts and we were both in the Sew.Happy.Quilt QAL together.  I was even the lucky winner of the 100th post giveaway :)

Lastly, if you don't have enough projects already, there's a new quilt-a-long, Sew Intertwined, that you should consider joining!  Jenna & Melissa just announced it today and I can't wait!!  The quilt is such a great design - be sure to check it out!!

Have a great week everyone!!




3 comments:

  1. Love the fabric prints you chose for the wall hanging, beautiful quilting too - thanks for sharing the tutorial. The QAL quilt design looks beautiful, thanks for sharing the info, will definitely think about it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I'm going to do Sew Intertwined too! Awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is soooo cute! Your tutorial is great also! I am going to make one for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!