Monday, June 4, 2012

Modern She Made Swap


I joined the Modern She Made Swap - my first swap other than charm square swaps - when I heard about it a few months ago.  I was really nervous since I had never joined one before, but I'm so glad I did.  I had a great time making my partner's items and I LOVE what I got from my partner!

My partner had mentioned that one of the things she'd like was some placemats.  Perfect!  I sketched up a few ideas and was ready to go with those, and then the Fat Quarterly book came.  When I saw the pattern for the Satellite Placemats I was sold, so I changed gears a bit and decided to make a set of 6. 





I used Kona Khaki for the solid and the backs and Chrysalis for the tops and the binding.  I quilted them along the spokes through the center and around the border pieces as well.  I packaged them up with some other goodies and sent them off to my partner.  Hoping she gets them soon!


Whole Package
 Mary Grace from Hooked On Needles got paired up to make me something in the swap and she did an AMAZING job!  She made me the perfect sewing machine cover and even put my blog name on it!  Plus she tucked in some other wonderful goodies like a Vintage Modern charm pack :)


From Mary Grace

I had a great time participating and it's something that I'm looking forward to doing in the future as well!


5 comments:

  1. The place mats you made are just so much fun! And I'm so glad you like your sewing machine cover and other goodies. These kinds of swaps take up a lot more time and energy to do than the charm square swaps, but I've found that one a year is just about right and so much fun!

    MGM

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute stuff! so so cute. love the sewing machine cover. i am hoping for one in a couple of swaps i am currently in. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Kelsey! Love what you gave and love what you got. This was such a great swap, wasn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You both did a great job! Love the colors, so cute!
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those placemats are so pretty, I'm sure your partner would love them! Love the sewing machine cover too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!