Monday, December 19, 2011

Christmas Gift- Pincushion Organizer

Yay a finished Christmas gift!  My mom kept mentioning that she really wanted a thread bag for by her sewing machine, so when I saw this tutorial for a pincushion organizer on Sew Mama Sew I knew I had to make her one for Christmas.

The directions were great and I was able to make the whole thing in one night!  I will definitely be making more of these as gifts and for myself :)

The top is weighted (I used rice) and has a spot for needles made of felt.  The panel has pockets for a seam ripper, thread snips, a marking pen etc.  My favorite part is that the thread bag detaches so you can dump it out or take it somewhere else without moving the whole thing!  I used three fat quarters of Kate Spain's Terrain which is my mom's favorite fabric line right now.  I didn't have any buttons in my stash that matched so I made a fabric covered one from the scraps. 





The rest of my mom's gift is quilty too- A trip to the International Quilt Festival in April!  We live in Northeastern Ohio so the drive to Cincinnati isn't too bad so I'm taking her down for the weekend as a Christmas/Birthday gift :) SO excited to let her know!

I also went and used a long arm machine and quilted the quilt for my mother-in-law on Saturday.  Now I just need to get that binding on there and wrap it up!

Kelsey

2 comments:

Thank you for commenting!